Full Membership dues are $280. This includes memberships in both the National Capital Gift Planning Council ($130 council dues) and Partnership for Philanthropic Planning (PPP) ($190 national dues). By joining both your local chapter and national council, NCPG will provide a discount of $40 off the total fee of $320. Council members pay $40 for each regular monthly program they attend. Non-members and guests may attend the monthly programs for $55. Non-members may also be included on NCGPC's eList.
Regular program meetings with lunch are held on the second Wednesday of each month, September through January, March, April and June. NCGPC hosts an annual half-day seminar in February and an annual 1½ day conference in May. Reservations are necessary for all programs and must be pre-paid by check or credit card (MasterCard or Visa). Payment may be brought to the meeting.
Membership in NCGPC and PPP combines the strengths of both organizations and benefits members in the following ways:
On the local level, NCGPC is providing you with quality educational programs from September through June, with feature presentations by nationally-renowned speakers; information on local and regional job openings; and the opportunity to network each month with colleagues in the gift planning profession.
On the national level, PPP is providing you with national and state government advocacy efforts which promote charitable giving; an up-to-date survey on why donors make planned gifts; and the development of a uniform standard for valuing planned gifts.
Together, NCGPC and PPP work to ensure that you will receive the best information and services available on gift planning trends and techniques. The National Capital Gift Planning Council and the Partnership for Philanthropic Planning (PPP) - a partnership that works for you!
SERVICES OF THE NATIONAL CAPITAL GIFT PLANNING COUNCIL
NCGPC provides the following services to its members:
- 1. Luncheon meetings featuring speakers prominent in the financial planning and fund-raising fields. Programs are held monthly from September through June.
- 2. Listing and access to NCGPC's Online Membership Directory
- 3. Assistance in attaining accurate information regarding the legal and technical aspects of charitable giving.
- 4. A job bank to help match gift planners with employment opportunities. NCGPC seeks to maintain a constant interchange of ideas to improve the quality and frequency of planned giving in the metropolitan Washington community.
5. NEW - Mentorship Program - The purpose of this program is to provide individual gift planners and professional advisors with guidance and support from experienced professionals in the area of gift planning.
THE PARTNERSHIP FOR PHILANTHROPIC PLANNING®
The Partnership for Philanthropic Planning® was established in 1987 as a federation of planned giving councils, from coast to coast. The mission of PPP is to increase the quality and quantity of charitable planned gifts by serving as the voice and professional resource for the gift planning community.
The Partnership for Philanthropic Planning® is the professional association for people whose work includes developing, marketing, and administering charitable planned gifts. Those people include fund raisers for nonprofit institutions and consultants and donor advisors working in a variety of for-profit settings.
PPP membership offers the following benefits:
- Listing in PPP's Online Membership Directory
- Electronic newsletter, Gift Planner Update
- Training Opportunities calendar
- Discounts on PPP publications, including research reports
- Discounted registration for the annual National Conference on Planned Giving
- National representation through ongoing work in government relations, ethics, professional and international outreach, education and research.
Click here for an online PPP New Member OR Renewal Application.
By clicking the link above, you will be taken to the PPPnet.org website. Select "National Capital Gift Planning Council" from the drop down menu. Please enter the required information. You will be instructed to 'print' your application form & mail to PPP with your payment.
For more information about membership, or to be included on the mailing list for event and membership information, add your email address to our eList or Contact Us.